Thermal Shift Assays are innovative techniques employed in protein characterization to unravel the intricacies of thermal stability and unfolding. These assays play a pivotal role in understanding how proteins respond to temperature changes, providing critical information for various applications, including drug discovery and protein engineering.
How does Thermal Shift Assays work?
- Fluorescent Dye Binding: Proteins are mixed with a fluorescent dye that binds to hydrophobic regions exposed during protein unfolding.
- Temperature Ramp: The protein-dye mixture is subjected to a controlled temperature ramp. As the temperature increases, the protein undergoes thermal unfolding.
- Fluorescence Detection: The fluorescence of the dye changes as it interacts with the exposed hydrophobic regions of the unfolding protein. This change in fluorescence serves as a reporter for protein unfolding.
- Inferring Stability: By monitoring the temperature at which unfolding occurs, researchers can infer the thermal stability of the protein. Proteins with higher thermal stability will resist unfolding at higher temperatures.
- High Sensitivity - Thermal Shift Assays can detect subtle changes in protein stability.
- Low Sample Volume - These assays often require minimal sample volumes, making them suitable for precious or limited samples.
- Broad Applicability - Thermal Shift Assays are applicable to a wide range of proteins, including membrane proteins and those in complex environments.
- Optimizing Expression Conditions - Understanding thermal stability aids in defining optimal conditions for protein expression.
- Drug Discovery - Identifying stable protein conformations is crucial for drug development, ensuring the effectiveness and safety of therapeutic agents.
Advancing with Andromeda: unmatched thermal unfolding analysis
Our Thermal Stability Assays leverage the Andromeda system by Nanotemper, ensuring a technological edge in understanding protein dynamics. This state-of-the-art system meticulously measures the thermal unfolding of proteins, detecting fluorescence changes throughout a thermal ramp. This innovative approach empowers scientists to define optimal expression conditions, guaranteeing both high expression levels and unparalleled thermal stability for membrane proteins.
Unparalleled technology specifications
- Sample Volume: 10 μl
- Samples Analyzed per Run: Up to 48
- Temperature Range: 15 - 95 °C
- Requirements: Polyhistine Tag, GFP Tag
- Compatible Samples: Cell Lysate, Cell Membrane, Purified Protein
Elevating protein exploration: unparalleled Thermal Stability Assays by Eurofins CALIXAR
Eurofins CALIXAR provides access to the latest in Thermal Stability Assays, offering a comprehensive solution for protein characterization. Whether you are navigating the complexities of membrane proteins or seeking to optimize expression conditions, our assays pave the way for success in drug discovery and beyond.
Secure and boost
your discovery programs
Starting from native material or recombinant systems, we succeed with all types of proteins: Kinases, Phosphatases, Ubiquitins, Epigenetic Proteins, GPCRs, Ion Channels, Transporters, Receptors and Viral Proteins.