Membrane protein detergents, reagents and kits
From membrane protein extraction, stabilization, isolation to crystallization, we have the membrane protein detergent / surfactant kits and technology to provide you with high-quality membrane proteins for your discovery projects.
Soft proprietary stabilization reagents
Solubilization, stabilization, and crystallization kits
Soft proprietary detergents
Purified membrane proteins FAQs
CALIXAR’s membrane protein solubilization, stabilization, and purification techniques require reagents (detergents and surfactants). CALIXAR’s proprietary reagents were developed specifically to meet the unique challenge of membrane proteins. They have been proven to be efficient in more than 170 projects in the production of functional and native membrane proteins.
With our reagent expertise, we have developed membrane protein extraction kits, including soft proprietary detergents and stabilization additives. Our kits enable you to extract, stabilize or purify native membrane complexes from cells using standard laboratory equipment found in all laboratories. Thus, providing you with high-quality membrane proteins for your discovery projects.
Our proprietary detergents and reagents are supplied in powder form which can be directly dissolved in water or organic solvents and provide the following benefits:
- Improved membrane protein stability, allowing them to be isolated at higher concentrations than is normally possible with other surfactants.
- Obtain non-denatured proteins for better drug discovery and clinical achievements.
- Enhanced binding affinity between target proteins and antibodies allowing more sensitive immunoassays.
Some of our membrane protein reagents are also effective as subcellular fractionation agents, enabling the production of new native antigens to be used, for example, to make inactivated vaccines.
CALIXAR has developed a large range of detergents, reagents, and kits dedicated to membrane proteins. Our molecules are designed and synthesized with chemical properties enabling the native solubilization, stabilization, and or crystallization of membrane targets.
CALIXAR has commercialized a wide range of high-quality products dedicated to the following applications:
- Membrane protein detergents (CALIX8, DDG, ODG, DDTAC, DLAC, FLAC6)
- Membrane protein stabilization reagents (CALIXCHOL, CALIXGLUK, DDLAC, FTAC6, FTAC8)
- Crystallization membrane protein additive kits (10 unique proprietary additives produced by CHEM2STAB) CALIXAR™ C2B Kit
Details of Membrane Protein Soft Proprietary Ionic and Non-Ionic Detergents.
- CALIXAR’s CALX8 reagent is an ionic calixarene based detergent/surfactant with three polar carboxylic groups and an octyl chain.
- CALIXAR’s DDTAC reagent is a non-ionic detergent derived from Tris(hydroxymethyl)-acrylamidomethane.
- CALIXAR’s FLAC6 reagent is a non-ionic amphiphilic detergent / surfactant with a lactobionamide head group and a fluorinated chain.
- CALIXAR’s DDG reagent is a non-ionic amphiphilic detergent and surfactant with a di-glucose polar group and decyl chain.
- CALIXAR’s DLAC reagent is a non-ionic detergent / surfactant with a lactobionamide head group and a decyl chain.
- CALIXAR’s ODG reagent is a non-ionic amphiphilic detergent / surfactant with a diglucose polar group and an octyl chain.
Details of Membrane Protein Stabilization – Soft Proprietary Reagents.
- CALIXAR’s CALXCHOL reagent is a non-ionic Calixarene based detergent / surfactant with three carboxylic groups and a cholesterol group.
- DDLAC is a non-ionic detergent / surfactant with a lactobionamide head group and a dodecyl chain.
- CALIXAR’s CALXGLUK is a calixarene detergent with three polar glucose groups and a heptyl chain that can be used to solubilize membrane protein as GPCR.
- CALIXAR’s FTAC6 and FTAC8 Reagent are non-ionic detergents derived from Tris(hydroxymethyl)-acrylamidomethane and a fluorinated chain.
CALIXAR’s detergents, reagents, and kits are valuable tools to improve the solubilization, stabilization, and/or the crystallization of all types of membrane proteins (GPCRs, Ion Channels, Transporters). Our molecules can be used alone or in combination with your favorite detergent for your membrane protein. Furthermore, our compounds are compatible with all commercial detergents.
CALIXAR has designed and manufactured custom build surfactant/detergent extraction kits to extract the highest quality membrane proteins that exist today and provide high-quality membrane proteins for discovery projects.
Research scientists from pharmaceutical companies, biotech, and academic groups may take advantage of the CALIXAR’s detergents, reagents, and kits for their R&D projects such as drug discovery programs, structural biology studies, or basic research.
Our molecules are designed to preserve the original structure and function of membrane proteins (GPCRs, Ion Channels, Transporters, Receptors, Anchors and Viral Proteins) providing solutions for pharmaceutical industries, biotechnology companies, and academic teams to develop conformational antibodies, formulate new vaccines, carry out Structure-Based Drug Discovery and/or HTS assays.
CALIXAR’s molecules are dedicated to any life science projects:
- Antibodies (including nanobodies, scaffold proteins, aptamers)
- Small molecules
- 3D Structures (cryoEM, XRay crystallography, NMR, SANS, SAXS)
- Drug discovery (Screening: HTS, FBDD, SBDD; Hit and lead validation)
- Antibody discovery (Immunization and display technologies)
- Clinical stage
Most drug discovery programs and structural biology studies require access to isolated, stable, and functional membrane proteins in solution.
CALIXAR’s detergents and reagents allow the native solubilization and/or stabilization of a wild range of membrane proteins (GPCRs, Ion Channels, Transporters.) expressed in various cell systems (bacteria, yeast, insect cells, mammalian cells…).
In addition, our crystallization kits, dedicated to membrane proteins, assist researchers in their X-ray structural biology projects.
Thanks to CALIXAR’s detergents and reagents, researchers are able to improve the poor solubilization rate and/or the weak stability of their membrane proteins. This makes more membrane targets accessible for R&D projects. Our kits resolve many membrane protein crystallization issues.
CALIXAR’s detergents, reagents, and kits enable researchers to work with membrane proteins in a native process without any denaturing steps. No mutations, truncations, nor modifications are required to improve the stability of the protein. With our tools, you can now isolate your native wild-type, full-length, stable, and functional membrane targets.
Moreover, CALIXAR has developed a large range of detergents, reagents, and kits dedicated to membrane proteins:
- Ionic detergents as CALX8 reagent.
- Calixarene-based amphiphilic molecules as CALX8, CALXGLUK, and CALXCHOL reagents.
- Non-ionic amphiphilic detergents: DDTAC, FLAC6, DDG, DLAC, and ODG.
- Fluorinated based reagents: FLAC6 (detergent) and FTAC6, FTAC8 (stabilization).
- Hydrophilic lactobionamide head group as FLAC6, DLAC, and DDLAC.
- Hydrophilic polar glucose head group: CALXGLUK, DDG, and ODG.