CALIXAR’s FTAC8 is a rather mild detergent utilized to stabilize native membrane proteins. FTAC8 is non-ionic and therefore not susceptible to ionic strength fluctuations or pH variations. They are also well suited to stabilize many different particular membrane proteins. Due to the fluorinated chain, FTAC8 is poorly delipidating towards membrane proteins.
Our FTAC8 helps generate lipids-detergents mixed micelles and protein detergent micelles. FTAC8 also allows for the stabilization of native and functional membrane proteins. It is also used as a protein chaperone to inject membrane proteins into liposomes.
CALIXAR’s FTAC8 is provided in powder form and is generally used in an aqueous solution or buffer. It can also be mixed within biological materials (biological membranes).
- Antibodies (including nanobodies, scaffold proteins, aptamers)
- Small molecules
- 3D Structures (cryoEM, XRay crystallography, NMR, SANS, SAXS)
- Drug discovery (Screening: HTS, FBDD, SBDD; Hit and lead validation)
- Antibody discovery (Immunization and display technologies)
- Clinical stage (drug validation on reliable native DDLAC)