CALIXAR’s C2B is a kit of additives for improving protein stability and enhancing the crystallization of proteins (soluble and membrane proteins). This kit includes 10 unique proprietary additives produced by CHEM2STAB, a joint research lab between CALIXAR and Avignon University.
Our C2B kit can be used to help the crystallization of proteins including membrane proteins, mainly for drug discovery objectives. Additives of this kit can be utilized in the crystallization screens prepared for the crystallogenesis process.
Due to these additives, our clients are able to obtain pure crystals of soluble or membrane proteins, used in 3D structure determination. These 3D structures can then be used for designing new pharmaceutical drugs and understanding the mechanisms of actions (co-crystallization of proteins with ligands/nanobodies).
CALIXAR’s C2B kits allow for the testing of up to 10 unique additives, specifically designed to boost the stabilization of membrane proteins. Structural biologists use them in their formulation of purified proteins.
- Antibodies (including nanobodies, scaffold proteins, aptamers)
- Small molecules
- 3D Structures (cryoEM, XRay crystallography, NMR, SANS, SAXS)
- Drug discovery (Screening: HTS, FBDD, SBDD; Hit and lead validation)
- Antibody discovery (Immunization and display technologies)
- Clinical stage (drug validation on reliable native DDLAC)